Review of the "Curvy Fit" Leotards from Discount Dance

Friday, May 24, 2019


My fellow "curvy" ladies who dance, I know you join me in frustration with finding dancewear that provides enough coverage and support! Most dancewear brands cap at a size medium or large, and the few "plus size" options there are leave a lot to be desired aesthetically. Womp, womp.

I saw sometime last year that DiscountDance.com released a line of Curvy Fit leotards by the brand Natalie. I was hesitant to give them a try for some reason, but they're on clearance right now so I decided to give them a shot. I'm so glad I did, and wish I would have sooner!!

PROS:
  • FINALLY. More fabric. My boobs actually fit above the waist seam!
  • A substantial bust lining elastic provides more support.
  • A back scoop low enough to be pretty, but high enough to cover a bra strap.

CONS:
  • I don't like all the weird seam lines in the cap sleeve leo. I don't understand why it's like this - can't the sleeve just be seamless like non-curvy leotards?
  • I would like another fabric option that isn't quite as shiny


Overall, my thoughts are relief and excitement that I finally have options that I know will keep me covered and supported! I think this is a great first step to expanding what is traditionally considered dancewear. "Curvy" people want pretty options too!

Since these leotards are currently on clearance, I suggest ordering now before they're gone!



6 comments

Clipping Path Service said...

Amazing post with lots of informative and useful and amazing content. Well written and done!! Thanks for sharing keep posting.

Unknown said...

How was sizing for these leotards? True to size?

Discount Online Dance said...

I came to this blog and it helped me to add a few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here. dance leotard for women

Unknown said...

My 8 year old daughter is bigger, 55 inches tall, 31 chest, 33 hip and 56 girth. I got her an adult small. It is amazing what a little difference makes. Overall its the slightest little difference in random areas that make the fit so much better. I wish they had more colors, her class is baby blue this year. Sighh.

Chris said...

If anyone has any suggestions for a baby blue leo, TIA

Christina said...

Baby blue Leo, Well my daughter is sill 8, 55inchs tall with an inseam of 55inches.
BLOCH adult Essential Tank Leotard style no:L5605
Trust me!!!
My daughter has a Medium.
Fabric holds up great, front is fully lined, leg line is low.

Copyright © Ballerinas By Night. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co