More Dance Videos! Non-Ballet Edition

Sunday, April 16, 2017

A couple weeks ago I shared some mostly Balanchine video links to watch, which I hope you all enjoyed or have bookmarked to enjoy later! Today I'm talking non-ballet dance videos because there are a bunch I've been loving (obsessing over?) lately. As much as I could watch ballet all day every day, I do love some good jazzy-hip-hoppy-britney-spears-music-video type of dancing. And though we are all ballet dancers here, we are lovers of all forms of dance!

1. Kyle Hanagami's choreography to Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You"

Guys. I cannot stop watching this video. It's super fun and the choreography could not be more perfect for the song. I was actually getting sick of hearing this song on the radio, but now I visualize this dance and turn it up every time it comes on!



2. Brian Friedman's choreography to Ariana Grande's "Into You"

This is what began the rabbit hole of dance video binging!! I wanted to make music videos when I was younger - if the internet and access to digital was a thing when I was younger I probably would have pursued that - so to see essentially a music video dedicated to the dancing was so overwhelmingly cool to me. The way Brian works the camera at 5:19 is #goals. And bonus! Maddie Ziegler is in the second group :)


3. Galen Hooks choreography to Rihanna's "Love On The Brain"

I think what I love most about this video is that every single dancer has a very different take on the choreography and how they tell the story. I am particularly drawn to the girl in the yellow shirt!


4. Kyle Hanagami's choreography to Beyoncé's "YONCE"

This is so sexy. That is all.


5. Kate Jablonski's choreography to Laura Marling's "I Was Just A Card"

In terms of the internet, this is an older video that has been a favorite of mine for years. It inspired me to think outside the box when it comes to my own photo & video work of documenting dance. The use of lighting and the editing to piece together this brilliant choreography never gets old to me!


6. Andrew Winghart's choreography to Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me A River"

This concept and execution is so freaking fantastic. I love the build up to the moment at 3:31. I don't think you can watch this just once!


That's all for now, friends! Start with any one of these and the recommendations that will pop up in your YouTube feed will keep you occupied for hours and hours and hours :)

- Jana

No comments

Copyright © Ballerinas By Night. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co