An Evening at the Ballet!

Monday, February 10, 2014

This weekend I went to a triple bill production of Balanchine's Rubies, an original work by Matthew Neenan titled Exurgency, and the world premiere of Carmen, choreographed by Jacob Sparso.

My friend and Thursday night adult class instructor, Sarah, invited me to go with her! We drank red wine and talked shop :)

I loved Rubies and Exurgency. There were some parts of Carmen that felt a little thrown together or awkward, but there were also some really great parts. The music in the second half of Exurgency was so familiar to me. I swear I've heard it in a film or something. If it rings a bell with anyone else, please let me know in the comments!

And speaking of performances, did you hear about Jenifer Ringer taking her last bow yesterday? My aunt knows Jenifer's mother so she tried to get me a meeting with her while I was in New York this past fall, but it didn't work out. I don't think I knew at the time that she would be retiring just a few months later! I totally relate to what she says at the very end of that linked article.

Have you been to the ballet recently? If so, what have you seen?

P.S. We are so close to 1000 YouTube subscribers! We have surpassed 1000 YouTube subscribers!! Thank you all!!

No comments

Copyright © Ballerinas By Night. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co