April & May Corrections

Tuesday, June 13, 2017


My ballet class corrections from April & May are now up on YouTube! Topics covered are:

A T T I T U D E
Placement, balancing, turning...I've got a lot of work to do ;)

P R O N A T I O N
Particularly avoiding pronation of the supporting leg while the working leg is in derriere.

P I R O U E T T E   P R E P
This piggybacks the pronation tip - watch the placement of the supporting foot and leg in the pirouette prep position. Keep it turned out!

P A S  D E  C H E V A L
To keep up with quick pas de chevals, think about your toes doing the work instead of your entire leg.

T O R S O  E L O N G A T I O N
This video includes corrections I received when I took class in NYC last month, and staying lifted through my torso was a repeat correction for me.

I N T E N T I O N A L   A R M S
A correction giving during renverse was to get your arms into the two correct positions that happen during the movement, not anywhere else! Basically, be intentional with your arm placement because not only does it look nicer, it will also help you achieve your position.

Watch these corrections in action in the video below. Leave a comment here or on the video if you have further questions!



1 comment

CELPIP EXAM BOOKING said...

I am so stoked to have found your weblog, I stumbled here by accident while researching for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for this fantastic post and all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), We have come up with ways on HOW TO BUY DATABASE CERTIFICATES ONLINE
I don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job.


Copyright © Ballerinas By Night. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co